Thursday, November 1, 2007

Banana Bread Goodness

I looked in our freezer last week and saw that we had an abundance of ripe bananas. I decided it was time to make some banana bread. I'd like to share my recipe with you because I did something different this time and, oh my gosh, it is delicious. So if you've got some ripe bananas sitting lonely in your freezer...you might want to give this a go.

Traditional Recipe

1 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup
3 ripe bananas

Added:

1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in the mashed bananas. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.

Voila.

****

In other news....

Another exaple of Mrs.Brady's strage and unusual thought process.

The other day I called up the kids and asked if they were ready for Halloween. They were all very excited about their costumes and agreed to give me any of their candies that had nuts in them :)

I then inquired about pumpkins. "Did you guys carve pumpkins yet?"

Greg replies, "Not yet. Mom doesn't have money for pumpkins."

Give.Me.A.Break.

I bought a pumpkin last weekend and it cost me a total of $2.00.

Again....2 dogs....pumpkins...WTF!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, mmmmm, banana bread! You are inspiring me to bake something this weekend.

Second, I share your frustration and confusion about where/how the ex spends money.

However, I am coming to terms with the fact that this is one of those things that will never change. The ex in our lives was financially irresponsible before, and will remain that way til the day she dies.

You obviously have a different mentality and different values, which is one of the reasons why Mr. Brady fell for you. And what a great example you set for the kids (without even advertising or trying).....they have a female role model in their lives who is financially responsible AND enjoys the good things in life. What a novel concept!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they were the really expensive $600 pumpkins... you know, I really had to cut back on those myself this year. I can totally feel her pain.

Hahahahahahaha.... I crack myself up.

Seriously - what IS her deal? And at what age do the kids join in on the "What IS her deal" parade?

Anonymous said...

$300 on costumes, $6 on two pumpkins... Geees... That was my Halloween cost this year.. BM's? Getting asked by her youngest why she wanted to be introduced to him! I think I will save the money and just enjoy the show...

Doughnut said...

Bananas are my favorite fruit and I often buy over ripe ones for several reasons - they are sweeter than green bananas and cheaper but you have to use them up quickly so making banana bread/muffins are one way to do it.....and your pictures make me salivate!!! I'll be right over!! :)

TripleKTrouble said...

Yeah, I believe we are all in the same boat when it comes to how Ex's spend their money. Mine thinks it's okay to not buy her son boxers for almost a year...but yet she goes out for drinks and dinner every night we have them.

Alice I am not happy. I emailed you, like, forever ago but you never replied. *sniff sniff* Email me. dammit. :)

Anonymous said...

While banana bread is great and all, particularly if it's really, really good banana bread, it can only take you so far when you don't post for like 8 million years. Are you coming back to the world of the blogging or are you drowning in banana bread batter? Or something...

Rachel said...

Yum.

And... whatever. Dog vs. kids.
HMMMMMM.. Should be an easy choice.