Friday, December 21, 2007

Hello?

Has it really been almost a month since my last post? Have I given up? Am I really that lazy when it comes to keeping up with the tool that has helped me stay sane these past 6 months!!

Apparently yes. And if you're reading this right now, I owe you the biggest hug. Thank you for continuing to check up on me.

This month has been crazy. As I'm sure it has been for all of you.

This Christmas, I have been volunteered to host the festivities at our place. Not that I mind so much - but wow! Talk about stress.

So...I'm going to cheap out on this WAY overdue post and instead of giving you an update on my life, I'm going to ask you for your favorite appetizer recipe. You know...finger foods, coffee table snacks, etc.

If you've got some gems hidden in your recipe box - and are willing to share - I would be in your debt!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Aside from layered taco dip? (refried beans first, sour cream on top of that, lettuce on that, cheese on that...)

Bruchetta is fairly easy if you have one of those handy food chopper things --

Drain a can of Del Monte diced tomatoes; add to that a 1/4 cup of diced onions, enough basil to taste, a dash of olive oil, and a little bit of chopped garlic (to taste).

Then, grab a loaf of french (or italian) bread, slice it into managable slices, drip some olive oil over it and stick in a 375 degree oven until golden...

voila.....

Happy Holidays!

MiChelly said...

We are doing a Taco Soup for snacking on while waiting on the Christmas food to cook... My causin's wife introduced this to us one thanksgiving and it has been a huge hit. Works wonders in a crockpot so you can start it the night before and leave it sit on a very low setting.

Double everything if it is feeding more then 6 people wanting more then two large bowls ...

>Brown one pound ground beef, season with taco seasoning.
>two cans of Rotel (We use mild for both cans to cut down on the hottness for me lol)
>two small cans or one large can of tomato sauce.
>two small cans or one large can of whole corn
>packet of ranch dressing mix

Mix all together, serve with chips.

suchsimplepleasures said...

welcome back-ish! missed out on giving you my appetizer recipes...but, hoped your festivities were awesome!
have a happy healthy new year!

Lacey said...

Hello, hello, hello?? Where are you? You always disappear! =)

Q Ball said...

Yeah c'mon! SHEESH. ;)

MiChelly said...

Sooooooo... how was Christmas dinner?

Lacey said...

Tagged you for a meme post...check my blog out for deets and come back already!